Saturday, February 9, 2013

MY MONKEY BREAD!




My cousin posted on Face Book a recipe she found for Monkey Bread, after reading it I decided to re-blog my recipe. I state re-blog because I posted this once before on an old blog I use to have. The great thing about Monkey Bread is you can tweak this recipe so many different ways and each will taste great. So if you have never tried making Monkey Bread before or never tried it my way go for it. It's fast, it taste great, it's fun to make and no matter how you do it, you'll never do it wrong.  

MONKEY BREAD

Ingredients:
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (these are optional, it's great with or without them)
If I use raisins I like to re-hydrate them first by placing them in a pan of boiling water till they plump. Drain from fluid let cool for just a few minutes.
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
















No comments:

Post a Comment