Saturday, March 2, 2013

You clean it...We mess it.

Well it never seems to fail as soon as we clean the barn a ewe will lamb. We had just finished cleaning Friday and run to town to sign some papers. We stopped by the store and I stated to my husband, "I think we better stop and check on the ewes before heading home."

 Sure enough we found number 11 had gone into labor and had lambed a beautiful ewe lamb. Now number 11 is the last of our horned ewes to lamb and I was so pleased to find that it was a ewe lamb. We are planing on keeping all the horned ewe lambs, all 2 of them and one of the ram lambs for breeding. The rest of our lambs will be sold as market lambs.

# 11 and her 2013 ewe lamb
We have 3 polled ewes left to lamb. NO! I don't plan on cleaning the barn everyday for the next three days. It is to hard since we have the lambing pens up all the cleaning has to be done by hand.


What we like to see up nursing and not even 30 minutes old

No comments:

Post a Comment