Thursday, March 7, 2013

BOY!! He is all boy

Went into the barn this morning to do the morning chore and all the time thinking to myself how I would use the front pen to sort some ewes out of my way. Not at all thinking about any new baby lambs. I had given up on # 8 lambing soon. I had started about two weeks ago saying she was going to lamb soon because of the size she was getting. She is a Spring ewe and not very big yet in highth.  But, not so in belly, her belly just kept getting bigger and bigger. I told everyone she is either lambing soon or having twins ( that was what I had been saying back two weeks ago). 

SO, arrived not thinking of lambs and there was a lamb in the front pen. At first I thought one of the other lambs got in by mistake but I soon realized it was # 8's lamb. Yes, she finally lambed and it was not twins. Thank God! because this guy weighed in at 15 pounds. Mommy Ewe and baby doing great.
# 8 and her 2013 ram lamb
A BIG BOY! weighing in at 15 pounds at birth
Need I say that I did not get to use the front pen to sort ewes, since it was being occupied at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment