Saturday, December 14, 2013

Arriving Early... Two by Two

I thought I had bread for Fall and Spring Lambs .... I thought.
I had one ewe deliver Fall twin Lambs. Then I waited and waited and waited ...... no more Fall deliveries.

A month later Winter had arrived and ... "WHAT'S THIS"!  So did the start of Winter Lambing. I knew the Ram had gotten out and in with the ewes but, he was only out for about 4 hours. I have severally missed judged the time it takes for one Ram to impregnate a flock of Ewes. All Rams must bow down to this Great Stud of a Ram. For he is the King of Rams. 


Now we have 6 lambs in 4 days, with 3 more ewes looking ready to lamb any time and they are still coming.



The red glow you see in the photos is the heat lamps needed for warming when you have Winter lambing. 
I want to be just like Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment